1. WHEN NOT WORKING, WHAT WOULD WE FIND MALAIKA TO BE DOING?
“Working out and cooking. I love doing these when I am not working.”
2. ACTRESS, VJ, TELEVISION JUDGE AND MUCH MORE. WHAT’S NEXT?
“What’s next? I think my whole flair for wanting to be an entrepreneur. I think that is something that I really want to pursue. I feel I have that in me.”
3. AS A WORKING MOTHER, HOW DO YOU MANAGE TO STRIKE A BALANCE?
“I think that has never really been an issue. I have always managed to strike a balance and do everything that I want to do without any of my roles in life getting compromised.”
4. HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TO GIVE A NORMAL LIFE TO YOUR SON BEING IN THE LIMELIGHT AT ALL TIMES?
“I think that is something we have done from day 1. We have always given him a very normal life. We do normal things and don’t really make him feel any different.”
5. YOU ARE UNDOUBTEDLY ONE OF THE FITTEST PEOPLE IN THE BUSINESS, WHAT IS YOUR WORKOUT REGIME ACTUALLY LIKE?
“My workout regime is a mix of a couple of things. Whether it is pilates or yoga or functional weight training. I kind of incorporate all of them so I get the best of everything.”
6. WHEN IT COMES TO FASHION, YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE WHO NEVER REALLY GETS IT WRONG. WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR FASHION INSPIRATION FROM? HOW DO YOU ALWAYS MANAGE TO GET IT RIGHT?
“I think I would give a lot of credit to the people I work with- like my stylist and hair/ makeup people. Yes, my awareness is very high. As in, I know what looks good on me and what doesn’t. But I would give them all the credit because they really put in a lot of hard work.”
7. WITH THE RECENT #METOO AND #TIMESUP CAMPAIGN, AN INCREASING NUMBER OF WOMEN AND MEN ARE TALKING ABOUT FEMINISM. DO YOU IDENTIFY YOURSELF AS A FEMINIST? IS THERE ANY FEMINIST STRUGGLE CLOSE TO YOUR HEART?
“Well, like you said, a lot of people are coming forward and talking about it. I wouldn’t say I am a feminist but I have always been somebody who has fought for her rights. I have always been a working girl and I have always felt that women should be independent. I have always felt that there should be no discrimination at your workplace or any disparity in pay/wage. I think these are the things that really bother me. And of course, I firmly believe in the line- ‘no means no’. I think it is very important for men and women to know that ‘no means no’ and ‘yes means yes’.”
8. IF NOT AN ACTOR/ HOST/ MODEL ETC. , WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
“I would be opening a little restaurant somewhere on the beach on a nice island and cooking some good food!”
9. ANY MOVIE/ SHOW YOU WISH YOU WERE A PART OF?
“There are a lot of films! But I have always really liked the Charlie’s Angels and I wish I could play one of the Angels! Also, the shows today are just so outstanding! Every time I watch a show, I wish I could be a part of it. Recently I saw The Handmaid’s Tale and I was just blown away by the show.”
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME?/ ONE MOVIE YOU THOUGHT WAS OVERHYPED?
“I think Pretty Woman has always been one of my all-time-favourites. Amm, a movie that was overhyped- I guess Kill Bill.”
11. ONE CELEBRITY WHO’S WARDROBE YOU WOULD LOVE TO STEAL?
“I‘d say Victoria Beckham.”
12. IF YOU HAD TO DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN ONE LINE AND YOUR FASHION SENSE IN 3 WORDS, WHAT WOULD THEY BE?
“She lives life Queen size”. I’d say sexy, comfortable and bold!